Interested in working in the art law field? Center for Art Law welcomes applications for internships and post-graduate fellowships at our offices in DUMBO (Brooklyn, NY).
Last updated: July 1, 2021.
- The Fellowship Program usually lasts 6-12 months, is open to recent graduates (J.D. preferred), and Fellows receive an honorarium. We offer the Judith Bresler Fellowship or a general fellowship with flexible length, responsibilities, and commitment.
- The Internship Program is open to students currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or Juris Doctor. Fall and Spring positions are part-time and may be eligible for school credit; Summer positions are full-time and interns receive a small stipend.
- Interns and fellows all work under the supervision of the Managing Director and Executive Director.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Internship and Fellowship Programs are proceeding remotely until further notice.
- Researching, writing, and editing articles for the Center’s blog;
- Reviewing and summarizing news and legal documents, including court filings, decisions, and correspondence;
- Compiling and maintaining art law resources;
- Attending and reporting on court hearings, conferences, and networking events;
- Planning and participating in educational programs, including Art Law Lunch Talks, Visual Artists’ Immigration Clinic, and Art & Law Workshops;
- Responding to inquiries and providing research and general assistance;
- Assisting with fundraising, development, and outreach efforts, including social media, reports, and correspondence.
- Current college senior, college graduate, or graduate student, in law, art history, journalism, or related fields;
- Familiarity and interest in the arts, the art world, business, and law;
- Strong communication, research, and writing skills;
- Ability to take initiative, to follow through on assigned tasks, and to work both independently and with peers;
- Experience in fundraising, arts administration, and/or event planning a plus.
Please send your CV, cover letter, and transcripts as one single PDF document to email@example.com.
Your email subject should indicate the type of position sought, the time period, and your name (e.g. Internship Summer 2021 | Jane Doe).
No phone calls.
Spring 2022 Application Period: September 1, 2021 – Oct. 31, 2021.
Summer 2022 Application Period: January 1, 2022 – February 28, 2022.
Fall 2022 Application Period: May 1, 2022 – June 30, 2022.
Due to a great number of interested candidates, priority may be given to applications received early. The application period for the Fall 2021 session is closed.