Last updated: June 12, 2021
Below is a list of useful links to laws, conventions, and agencies dealing with art law and cultural property matters, mostly in the United States.
- Archaeological Resources Protection Act of 1979, 16 U.S.C. 470aa et seq.
- Chapter 97 of Harmonized Tariffs Schedule
- Cultural Property Implementation Act, 19 U.S.C. § 2601 et seq.
- Immunity from Seizure Act, 22 U.S.C. § 2459
- National Stolen Property Act of 1948, 18 U.S.C. § 2314
- Pre-Columbian Monumental or Architectural Sculpture or Murals Law of 1972
- Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act, 25 U.S.C. 3001 et seq.
- New York Art and Cultural Affairs Law
- U.S. Copyright Act 1976, U.S.C.: Title 17
- U.S. Trademark Law: Includes Lanham Act
- Visual Artists’ Rights Act of 1990 (VARA), 17 U.S.C. § 106A
International Treaties & Conventions
- Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artists Works (1886)
- UNESCO Convention on the Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illicit Import, Export and Transfer of Ownership of Cultural Property (1970)
- UNIDROIT Convention on Stolen or Illegally Exported Cultural Objects (1995)